Hello, Pinners! I’m so glad that you found this post to help you plan a great bridal shower. You may also be interested in my Broke Bride series or the Other Best Bridal Shower Game Ever. I’d love it if you would stick around and check out the rest of the site or follow me on Pinterest. Bobbie Gross
Not to burst your bubble(gum) | Questions for the Bride and Groom
Calling all brides and bridesmaids: This is the best bridal shower game. Brides, be prepared to pass this on to your maid of honor or whoever is planning the games for your shower.
A few notes before we begin:
- Make sure that the bride is okay with being the center of attention. Everyone will be watching her look silly, and that makes some women uncomfortable.
- You want it to be hilarious, but if you think she is even close to danger, stop the game. You don’t want her to choke after all. That would make you a pretty horrible bridesmaid.
- Mix in some questions she will know and let the audience know you are trying to trip her up. You don’t want the bride to feel like she doesn’t know the groom at all. Still, the funniest part is when she doesn’t know things. If you have any doubts about whether or not the bride will enjoy this game, ask her. (If she is outgoing and has a sense of humor, she almost certainly will)
- Lots of gum (bubble tape or lots of dubble bubble works great)
- Yummy chocolate bar that can be broken into pieces (or if you are really nice, you could have a bunch of $1 or $5 gift cards that she gets when she gets an answer correct – you can always give them all to her in the end just to be nice)
- Gather materials.
- Ask Groom-To-Be questions. (see end of post for list of suggestions) Make sure to use quite a few (you can always stop asking them if she seems to have reached her limit). I went to a bridal shower where they played this game, but only asked 5 questions (and they were easy), so the game was pretty boring to watch.
- Record his answers.
- Explain the game to the bride and guests. “The bride will be trying to answer these questions the same way that her groom-to-be answered them. For every question she gets right, she will get a piece of chocolate for later (or a $5 gift card to Target/Victoria’s Secret/etc.) – but for every question she gets wrong, she has to place another piece of gum in her mouth. Pictures are encouraged.”
- Ask the bride the first question. If she gets it right, give her a piece of chocolate (or a gift card). If she gets it wrong, give her a piece of gum and make sure she puts it in her mouth.
- Continue asking questions until they have all been exhausted.
Questions to Ask the Groom:
- Who was [groom’s] best friend growing up?
- Who was [bride’s] best friend growing up?
- Where was [groom] born?
- Where was [bride] born?
- What was your first date together?
- When was your first kiss together?
- How many kids do you guys want to have?
- What is the theme of your wedding? (funny if the guy hasn’t been very involved in planning)
- Where will you guys retire?
- What does [groom] think is [bride’s] best physical feature?
- What does [bride] think is [groom’s] best physical feature?
- One word to describe [bride].
- One word to describe [groom].
- What is [bride’s] favorite holiday?
- What is [groom’s] favorite holiday?
- What is [groom’s] favorite thing [bride] cook for him?
- What is [bride’s] favorite thing [groom] cooks for her?
- Which one of you is better with money?
- Which one of you is better with kids?
- Which one of you is better at cooking?
- Which one of you is better at dancing?
- If [bride] could go anywhere in the world, where would she go?
- If [groom] could go anywhere in the world, where would he go?
- What is [groom’s] dream car?
- What is [bride’s] favorite outfit?
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest. Bobbie Gross
And it would make my day if you would join my mailing list. I will never send out more than one email every week (and right now it’s more like once a month). The newsletter includes updates on new posts and information about giveaways.
Receive the Newsletter
I know you want to stay in the loop. Learn about exciting news, posts, and giveaways.