My mom is absolutely amazing, and she has definitely influenced my life more than almost anyone else. She is beautiful inside and out, and I consider it a wonderful (and frequent) compliment when people tell me that I remind them of her. Reasons I want to be just like my mommy when I grow up! (Okay, so maybe I’m already grown-up, but I don’t claim it)
- She doesn’t accept the fact that she was born with brown hair. She knows she should be a redhead – and so she is. Like my mom, I am way cuter as a redhead.
- She doesn’t hate people. Even the people that cause difficulties in her life are loved. She always gives people the benefit of the doubt.
- She walks through life with a smile – even when there are constant clouds hanging over her. She knows how to smile through adversity.
- Other people are inspired by her. The people she works with all look to her as a source of joy. To work in a cubicle and still brighten the days of those around you is pretty awesome if you ask me.
- She is willing to try new things – within reason. She isn’t crazy, but she likes having fun in new ways.
- She finds the best deals ever and knows how to shop at goodwill so that it looks like she shopped at a department store.
- She gives great hugs.
- She is incredibly informed about things that affect her life. She is an empowered citizen, patient, and consumer.
- She is always there for me – no matter what.
- She trusts God and knows that He is watching out for her and her children.
My mom has been an inspiration in my life from the day I was born. She has always been optimistic, cheerful, and loving, and not just to me. When something bad happens in my life, I still want to cuddle up next to her and cry my eyes out. No matter what it is, that still makes me feel better.
More than any gift my mother has given me, she has given me faith and a desire to be a better person every day – and the desire to be a wonderful mother just like her.
Receive the Newsletter
I know you want to stay in the loop. Learn about exciting news, posts, and giveaways.