So you want to decorate a co-worker’s office with Post-It Notes, and you want some tips to make it great. These tips for decorating with Post-It Notes will make your prank faster and better.
(Pinterest users, don’t forget to pin this for future reference.)
Tips for Decorating an Office with Post-It Notes
- Get a lot of people to help. The more people you have helping, the faster this process will go. Decorating an office with post-it notes is a tedious process. We had 3 people, and still couldn’t cover EVERYTHING in this office even though we spent about 2.5 hours working on it.
- Get A LOT of Post-It Notes. We used about 20 normal sized Post-It note pads. Depending on the area you are covering (and to what level of detail), you may need more or less. (This should be more than enough. Or if you want color options, try this)
- Splurge for the name brand Post-It Notes. I am a frugal living ninja, and I hardly ever purchase name brand products. When it comes to Post-Its, though, there is a HUGE difference in the sticking power of name brand Post-It’s vs. the cheap knock-offs. We used a lot of tape to hold on the cheaper knockoffs, and would have saved a lot of time if we had just use the name brand ones.
- Get a lot of colors OR go monochromatic. You don’t want to have only two colors to switch back and forth between because there won’t be much detail visually. Either go strictly one color for a monochrome look OR make sure to purchase enough colors to really show off the layers in your design.
- Use tape for the details. I don’t know about you, but I think the little vignette in my featured image is pretty great. A great Post-It decorated office is all about the details. Use tape, scissors, or whatever you need to make sure even the small things are covered (but still recognizable).
Check out this gallery for inspiration and Post-It Note decorating ideas from our experience.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest. Bobbie Gross
And it would make my day if you would join my mailing list. I will never send out more than one email every week (and right now it’s more like once a month). The newsletter includes updates on new posts and information about giveaways.
Receive the Newsletter
I know you want to stay in the loop. Learn about exciting news, posts, and giveaways.